Sheets Memorial Christian School is a ministry of Sheets Memorial Baptist Church. As a ministry of the church we hold to the same statement of faith. A summary of that statement is listed below:
- We believe in the Bible as the verbally and plenary inspired Word of God, without error.
Deut. 4:2, II Tim. 3:16
- We believe in the Godhead existing in three Persons: Father, Son, Holy Spirit, equal in all respects.
Mt. 28:19, Heb. 9:14
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, that He was manifested in the flesh, that He died for the sins of the world, was buried and arose bodily the third day from the grave, and ascended to Heaven. We look forward to His imminent return.
Matt. 1:18-25, Heb 9:14-15, 28
- We believe the Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Trinity.
Matt.28:19, John 14:16-17, 26
- We believe man was created (not evolved) in God’s image (Gen.1:2), sinned (Rom. 3:23), is totally depraved (Rom. 3:10-18, 23), and needs salvation (Rom. 5:12, 6:23).
- We believe salvation is by grace through faith in Christ without human merit, involving repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ. The believer is eternally kept and secure in Christ.
Eph. 2:8-9, John 3:16
- We believe the local church is composed only of believers, baptized by immersion, organized, observing the two ordinances seeking to carry out the Great Commission.
Rom 6:3-5, I Cor. 11:23-26, Matt. 28:18-20
- We believe Satan is a person, the arch-enemy of God and God’s people.
Job 1:6-7, I Peter 5:8, Rev. 20:1-10
- We believe in the imminent return of Christ. The saved will be forever with the Lord, the lost will be confined for eternity in the lake of fire.
Acts 1:11, Rev. 19:11-16, Rev. 20, 21